|Real name:|| Kryptonian:|
Clark Joseph Kent
|First Appearance:||Action Comics #1 (June 30th 1938)|
|Created by:|| Jerry Siegel|
|Affiliations:|| The Daily Planet|
Legion of Super-Heroes
|Abilities:||Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, senses, intelligence, regeneration, and longevity; super breath, heat vision, x-ray vision and flight|
|Portrayed by:|| Christopher Reeve|
- Main article: Superman on the Superman Wiki
Kal-El was sent from Krypton by his parents before their home planet and all its inhabitants were killed. He was found by Jonathan and Martha Kent of Smallville, Kansas when his vessel crashed in a field. They adopted the baby as their own, naming him Clark Joseph Kent. The yellow sun of the Sol system in the Milky Way galaxy gave Clark superpowers. He grew up in Smallville and moved to Metropolis to work at the Daily Planet where his relationship with Lois Lane grew. He always helps out those in danger as Superman and has fought many enemies with his most common enemy being Lex Luthor.
Powers and Abilities
Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, senses, intelligence, regeneration, and longevity; super breath, heat vision, x-ray vision and flight. Amongst others.
Most of these are provided by the Earth's yellow sun.
In other media
- In Superman, Superman II, Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace he was portrayed by Christopher Reeve.
- In Superman Returns he was portrayed by Brandon Routh.
- In Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman he was portrayed by Dean Cain.
- In Smallville he was portrayed by Tom Welling.