In 2012 a Wonder Woman prequel series Amazon pilot was planned for The CW.
The CW, Warner Bros. Television and DC Comics announced development of a script for a possible television series, titled Amazon, about the origin of Wonder Woman in September 2012. The details about casting notices and information on the pilot episode of Amazon were released in November 2012, before the series had even been approved to shoot the pilot. TV Line reported in January 2013 that CW President Mark Pedowitz told journalists that they're waiting for the script of the pilot and were busy with the casting of Diana. Scottish actress Amy Manson is reported to be in the running for Diana. On January 28, 2013, the network pushed the pilot back until the 2014/15 season. On May 16, 2013, it was announced that The CW still has the show in development, with a new script by Aron Eli Coleite, replacing Allan Heinberg, who wrote the previous script for the planned pilot. With the announcement in July 2013 that the new Flash TV series, The Flash, by Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg would be fast-tracked, Pedowitz confirmed that "Amazon is on pause (as) the script is not exactly what we wanted, and with an iconic character like Wonder Woman, we have to get it right." In January 2014, Pedowitz confirmed the CW passed on the second script order, with no plans to revisit the project or character unless the material was right. Geoff Johns had hinted that Wonder Woman would appear in Arrow due to the Amazon taking place in the same universe.
- ↑ The CW Is Developing a Wonder Woman Origins Series
- ↑ New Wonder Woman series in development at the CW
- ↑ The CW Developing Wonder Woman Origin Series
- ↑ Wonder Woman moving toward casting
- ↑ CW, Warner Bros Explore Casting Lead In Wonder Woman Origin Project – Meet Diana
- ↑ Details On The CW's New Wonder Woman Pilot
- ↑ Boss Talks Wonder Woman, Vampire Diaries Spin-Off, Supernatural Renewal and More!
- ↑ Being Human Actress Up For Wonder Woman Role In CW's Amazon
- ↑ Wonder Woman CW Drama 'Amazon' Rolled
- ↑ The CW Still Developing Amazon/Wonder Woman Project
- ↑ CW Eyes 'Flash' Series With 'Arrow's Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg & David Nutter
- ↑ CW / DC Comics Update: The Flash's Chances, Hourman's Development, Amazon (Wonder Woman) Not Moving Forward, More
- ↑ Geoff Johns Talks Future Projects, Comic Book Day, GREEN LANTERN, ARROW, MAN OF STEEL, BOOSTER GOLD, The New 52, Animated Movies, and More